Become a Writing Center Consultant
We are always looking for more consultants at the Writing Center. If you have writing center experience, or you have exceptional writing skills, consider spending your Work Study in our center. The pay is relatively good, and the hours are flexible.
Unfortunately, we may not accept graduate students as consultants. If you would like more information on how to become a consultant, talk to Simon Aebersold at 509-372-7342, or e-mail him at email@example.com
Desired Applicant Qualifications:
- Possess a love of writing and strong writing skills
- Have an understanding of writing as a process
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work with students from diverse cultural backgrounds, various levels of academic preparation, and a range of academic disciplines
- Familiarity with basic computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, conducting online research, etc.) and a willingness to learn more
- Earned a “B” or better in English 101 or equivalent introductory writing course
- Completion of at least one semester of college course work
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits during fall and spring semesters
- Completion of application, schedule availability form, writing sample, and two faculty recommendations.
The Writing Center hires consultants at the end of each semester. For more information about the application process or to pick up an application, please contact Janice Smearman via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, via phone at 509-372-7399, or in person in her office (CIC Library 201EA).