Veterans Ten Steps to Enrollment
1. Apply to VONAPP
- Apply to Veteran’s online application (VONAPP) at vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/main.asp
- Select WSU Tri-Cities as your campus
- Complete following steps while you wait for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
2. Submit official transcripts from high school, SMART, AARTS, CCAF, or CGI and transcripts from all colleges you have ever attended
- If you have never attended a college or university, submit an official copy of your high school transcript
- Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) aarts.army.mil
- Sailor/Marine Ace Registry Transcript (SMART) https://smart.navy.mil
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf
- Coast Guard Institute (CGI) www.uscg.mil/hq/cg1/cgi/default.asp
- Submit transcripts to:
3. Financial aid & scholarships
- The Financial Aid and Scholarships Office is located in West 269H
- The WSU system wide scholarship application is due by January 31 and is available at www.tricity.wsu.edu/financialaid-scholarships
- Submit Free Application for Federal Student aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- The FAFSA priority filing deadline is February 15 and the WSU school code is 003800.
- Remember to apply for FAFSA even if you are receiving VA benefits. FAFSA and VA benefits are separate programs, and you may be eligible for both
4. Apply to WSU Tri-Cities
- Online applications are encouraged. Go to http://admission.wsu.edu/applications/ and select “Tri-Cities” on the application
- Paper applications are also accepted (available online). Contact the Admissions Office to request an application fee waiver.
5. Receive “Application Received” e-mail
- An e-mail is sent within days after an application is submitted. It gives directions for how to create a network ID and login to your zzusis student account, where you will find out if any documents (transcripts, etc.) are still required to complete your application. If you have questions, contact the Admissions Office at (509) 372-7250.
6. Receive “Offer of Admission” letter
- Offer letters are sent out within two weeks after all transcripts are received.
- This letter asks you to reserve your space by paying a $200 advance tuition deposit. You will also receive a New Student Checklist. The advance tuition deposit may be deferred for veterans receiving Ch 33 (Post 9/11) upon receipt of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Veterans receiving other benefits are asked to contact the Certifying Official at (509) 372-7351 e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if they are facing hardship and cannot pay the advance tuition deposit.
7. *WSU VETERANS BENEFITS
- Fill out the Veteran’s Intake Card in the Veteran’s Center in West 203
- For veteran’s tuition waiver, we need a copy of your DD-214 that shows your honorable discharge status
- * Tuition waivers have some restrictions, so discuss your situation with a Veteran’s Center staff member
8. Receive “Confirmation of Admission” letter
- Admission confirmation letters are sent out after the $200 advance tuition deposit is received. Confirmation is required for official evaluation of your transfer credits
- This letter will include information about New Student Orientation, Veteran Orientation, and the requested next steps
9. Academic Advising/Veterans Affairs representative
- Academic advising is required for all undergraduate students each semester. Contact your advisor to schedule your appointment. Most students meet with their advisor one or two weeks before New Student Orientation
- If you sign up for a Math or Writing placement exam, inform the Veteran’s Affairs Office to determine if your fees can be paid using the G.I. Bill.
- Follow up with the Veteran’s Affairs Office in West 203 (509) 372-7364 e-mail email@example.com
10. Register for classes and WSU Tri-Cities new student orientation
- New students are required to attend New Student Orientation. There are sessions for Veterans. Register online at www.tricity.wsu.edu/orientation.
- A $50 non-refundable fee is required ($25 for each guest).
BEEN CALLED TO ACTIVE DUTY? Click here for more information.