Security company patrols on campus
Moon Security is patrolling the WSU Tri-Cities campus from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Friday.
This provides our faculty, staff, students, and public with a uniformed licensed security officer whose presence:
- Deters safety and security related issues, such as harassment or threats, from occurring.
- Provides a sense of safety and security to the campus community with random patrols of the buildings and grounds.
- Stays alert for safety related concerns and provides reports to the Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration of said concerns.
- Walks staff and students as requested to parking lots and vehicles between the hours of 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. Requests for a security escort can be made by calling the campus emergency number at 372–7234, or 2-7234 from a campus phone. (This service is not available on weekends and holidays.)
- Maintains surveillance of parking lot areas during periods of high traffic.
- Participates in campus Emergency Preparedness training as it occurs.
Increased enrollment and smart budgeting allowed WSU Tri-Cities to hire Moon Security for the 2012-2013 academic year. We encourage the campus community to make use of the security guard’s services. WSU Tri-Cities is committed to maintaining the safety of the students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the campus.
Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator
Office Phone: (509) 372-7163