Add-on Endorsement Program
Add-On Endorsements offered at WSU Tri-Cities
- Bilingual Education
- English Language Learners
- Middle Level Mathematics
- Special Education
Credits can be earned at either the undergraduate or graduate level.
Current tuition and fee costs can be found here.
The Future Teachers Conditional Scholarship and Loan Repayment Program is designed to encourage outstanding students and paraprofessionals to become teachers, and encourage current teachers to obtain additional endorsements in teacher shortage subjects.
Completing endorsement coursework away from WSU
You are not required to complete all of your coursework at WSU, however 50% including the methods coursework must be completed with us. If you would like to take a course from another institution you must receive WSU’s approval prior to enrolling in the course.
- Teachers adding an endorsement through WSU can complete classes as either a graduate student or non-degree student (non-degree students are not eligible for Financial Aid). To apply for undergraduate admission go to Washington State University and click "apply." Apply to the Graduate School here.
- Complete an add-on endorsement application packet and submit it to the campus representative listed below. Complete packets must include:
- Add-on endorsement application
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (except WSU)
- Endorsement self-evaluation worksheet
- A $50 check payable to WSU for evaluation verification/application fee
2710 Crimson Way
Richland, WA 99352-1671
In addition to completing all of the coursework outlined by WSU, you must pass the WEST-E for the endorsement to be added to your certificate. Additionally, Designated World Languages and Bilingual Education requires passing score on the ACTFL.
Adding the endorsement to your teacher certificate
After you complete the required course work, apply to add the endorsement to a valid Washington certificate.
- Download the WSU add-on endorsement application checksheet»
- Download the add-on endorsement institutional application, form 1535, and complete section A»
- Submit official WEST-E score report
- Pay $48 fee to your local ESD
Once you have submitted your completed application your name will be forwarded to OSPI for a new certificate. In the interim you will receive a temporary 180-day permit with the new endorsement.