Gift Giving Opportunities
Gifts of any size are important to the University’s ability to provide students with a quality educational experience and to enable faculty to pursue cutting-edge research opportunities. There are a number of ways you can make a gift to Washington State University, including:
Ways to Give
Current Gifts help us accomplish our short-term goals.
• Making a gift online today
• Gifts of cash or by credit card
• Responding to a Call-A-Coug telephone call from a WSU Pullman student
• Establishing an electronic funds transfer to automatically transfer funds from your checking or savings account on a regular schedule.
• Establishing a payroll deduction.
• Endowment Gifts fund programs in perpetuity.
• Naming Opportunities allow you to establish endowments for honorary or memorial intentions.
Gifts of Stock
Gifts of marketable stocks or mutual fund shares that have appreciated can have an immediate impact on a college or program at WSU while creating a favorable income tax deduction for you based on the assets' current value.
Planned gifts or estate gifts are an effective way to manage your affairs, plan for the future, and make a meaningful gift to Washington State University. Common gift planning strategies include bequests, charitable gift annuities or remainder trusts, donor advised funds, gifts of life insurance, or real property. Many gift planning strategies can provide a reliable source of income and/or tax benefits for the donor. Learn more about gift planning.
Many employers will match their employees' gifts to Washington State University. Some employers will even match the gifts of retired employees, spouses, parents, and even gifts from their board of directors. All matched funds will be designated to the area to which you originally contributed your gift. To find out if your employer participates in a gift matching program, please visit our matching gift website or contact WSU Foundation Advancement Services at 509-335-1686.
For more information about how to give to WSU Tri-Cities, contact the Office of Advancement and Regional Development at 509-372-7264 or firstname.lastname@example.org.