Troubleshooting WSUTC_ENC wireless connection problems
If you are having problems connecting to the WSUTC_ENC wireless network you can bring your computer by our office anytime during our normal office hours and we can help you get your problem resolved. Below is a list of common problems and how to solve them.
Problems connecting to WSUTC_ENC
- Try manually adding the network
- For Windows try un-checking the box to verify server identity if it works with that box unchecked you need to update your certificates. Our server uses the Starfield certificates located at https://www.tricity.wsu.edu/certs/
- For OS X delete the stored 802.1X profile then disable/enable your wireless
Problems detecting the WSUTC_ENC network. There can be sevral reasons for this here are some things to try.
- Check that your wireless is switched on (can you see other networks?)
- Refresh the network list
- Update your wireless driver (for Windows computers)
- Manually add the network
- Select the option for connecting to a hidden network or connect to a non-broadcasting network
Problems with the wireless disconnecting and reconnecting.
- Try to find an updated wireless driver (for Windows computers)
- Select the option for non-broadcasting or hidden wireless network
- Delete the WSUTC_PUB network from your list of prefered networks
Your wireless is showing that you are connected to WSUTC_PUB network instead of WSUTC_ENC
- If WSUTC_PUB is in your prefered network list you should remove it
- Check which network you are on. You may be on the WSUTC_ENC network even if your system says that you are on the other network. (iPhone/iPod touch commonly have this issue)