Computing and Networking
Phone Operation Guide
- On campus numbers can be dialed using their 5-digit extension (27XXX)
- Other WSU campuses can be dialed using 5-digit dialing as well.
- Local numbers are dialed with a 9 prefix (9-XXX-XXXX)
- Long distance numbers are dialed as 9-1-Area Code-Number, you will be asked for an authorization code.
- International Numbers are dialed as 9-011-Country Code-Number, you will be asked for an authorization code.
- Voice Mail: Use the VoiceMail button on the phone, dial *97 from your phone or dial 372-7005 from another phone.
- Call Forward: Press "cfwd" on your phone and dial the number to forward the phone to. While call forward is active press the "-cfwd" button to stop forwarding.
- Transferring a call: While in a call press the "xfer" button on the phone, dial the number you wish to transfer to and press the "xfer" button again.
- Transferring a call to WSUTC voicemail: While in a call press the "xfer" button on the phone, dial ** + the 5-digit extension for the person whose voicemail box you wish to transfer to and press the "xfer" button again.
- Hold: To place the current call on hold press the hold button on the phone. To pick up a call on hold press the flashing light for the line the call is on.
- Call Waiting: You can place the current call on hold and pick-up an incoming call by simply pressing the flashing light for the new call.
- Do-not-disturb: You can press the "dnd" button on your phone to send all calls directly to voicemail. While do-not-disturb is active pressing "-dnd" will remove do-not-disturb.
- More information about the phone hardware and buttons.