Enhance your success by becoming a mentee
How would I benefit?
Being a part of the Engineering Mentoring Program is an excellent way to learn what it takes to be successful as an engineering student from an experienced peer who has gone through the process.
A mentee is a pre-engineering student who is matched with an advanced engineering student/mentor to meet on a regular basis to get “insider tips” like:
- Who to see about what and when
- What professors really want
- Where to connect with free resources to support your success
- How to grow skills in demand by employers
- How to prepare and apply for paid internships
- And more…
Mentees also earn scholarships.
What would I do as a mentee?
Students who are selected to be mentored are matched with trained, engineering student mentors.
The commitment for the mentorship program includes:
- Attend an orientation session with your assigned mentor.
- Meet with your mentor once every two weeks until the end of the academic year; program concludes before finals week, April 2014.
- Attend a minimum of four (4) student success workshops conducted by Career Development Center before May 31, 2014. (We offer more than 14 different ones at different times).
- Meet with the Mentor Program Supervisor once, to debrief about their experience with the program before May 31, 2014
- Participate in 2 out of 3 special events in spring semester:
- Professional Day
- Connections event
- Engineering design competition
Who is eligible to apply?
You can apply if you:
- Are currently enrolled in and being advised as a pre-engineering major at WSU Tri-Cities
- Will be enrolled in at least six (6) semester credits at WSU Tri-Cities in Fall Semester 2013 and Spring Semester 2014
How do I apply to be in the program?
Please submit a résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete an online application form at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/mentee-application-2013-14.
Where do I get more information?
If you have questions about application requirements, scholarships, time commitment or other questions about the program, contact Subha Narayanan at 509-372-7615 or email@example.com